Subject: Partitions
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Isaiah Norton <inorton@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/1999 08:41:19
Hi, I need help with a little problem I'm having on my NetBSD box.

Ram: 48 mb
HD: Mac: Quantum 260
    UNIX: Quantum 340
		Partitions: 97 mb swap. 80 mb root. 180 mb usr

Now, my question is. How do I get NetBSD to recognize and store stuff on
the other partitions. I have the following sets installed:

etc	base	kern	comp	text

I also de-compressed the pine distrib set. All told, the total amount of
space taken up should be a bit over 70 mb. However, when I run build on
pine, it runs for a while, then when it hits the actual pine/pico
compile, it gives a couple of file system full errors and goes back to
the shell.

Now, my question is: Do I have to repartition and reinstall everything,
allowing a larger amount of space for root, or what. As I understand it,
the root should be for all system stuff, and user for users files. Is
this correct? Also, if I did repartition, how would I get NetBSD to use
the other partition for user files?

Thankyou for your assistance.
Isaiah Norton