Subject: Re: Cross-compiling problems (macppc on i386)
To: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/1999 00:25:17
Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se> wrote:

hcb> Hi all.

Hi,

hcb> I'm trying to set up my netbsd-i386 box to
hcb> cross-compile a kernel for macppc. I have followed the
hcb> instructions for the cross-powerpc package, and most of
hcb> the compiling seems to work OK. (I have also tweaked
hcb> /sys/arch/conf/macppc/Makefile.macppc to point to the
hcb> cross-compile tools. I also point 'make' to macppc's
hcb> share/mk directory as well as having defined
hcb> MACHINE=macppc and MACHINE_ARCH=powerpc.)

Looks good to me so far.

hcb> However, in lib/libkern, I get odd references to
hcb> lib/libkern/arch/i386, and obviously that generates
hcb> errors. I'm at complete loss here, so if anyone has a
hcb> clue, please help me.

Did you set up environment variables you mentioned above
when you ran 'make depend' in the kernel compiling
directory?

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Happy Hacking!