Subject: 660av, possible dead PROM?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@auhs.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/23/1999 19:26:19
   I have a bunch of 660av's in a lab environment.  All of the batteries
   died recently on them, so we replaced them.  One has decided it won't
   be returning from the grave ... and this one also is the only one old
   enough to have the socketed PROM (the rest are all surface-mounted).

   I don't have a NetBSD/mac68k drive here, but anyone know if this will
   be likely to work if I pop a bootable NetBSD drive in here??  I don't
   know either way, but would guess it *might* be possible.

   The box boots, but I get no video, no startup sound, nothing.  Zapped
   the PRAM, swapped memory, dumped half a can of air through it and I'm
   out of quick & dirty ideas at this point.

   andrew.  (brennan@auhs.edu)

   After dialing a wrong number, it is highly improbable that the redial
                        button is your friend ...