Subject: Re: files from BSD --> mac
To: None <PORT-MAC68K@NETBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/23/1999 08:39:56
Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net> wrote :

/ I know I can move files between MacOS and NetBSD using
/ the installer under MacOS.  Is there any way to move files between
/ MacOS and NetBSD while I'm using NetBSD?

Yes!  It's a program called HFS utils.  I don't believe there's a
package for it... you'd need to get it from the authors page which is

	http://www.mars.org/~rob

Run the configure script and it should compile without any problems.
(knock, knock).. There's a little bit of setup involved, so you will
need to read the README and INSTALL docs, but there's not much more to
it than changing the permissions of the device file that corresponds to
the HFS disk you're trying to get at.

I use it from the CLI.  There is a GUI package included but I haven't
really played with that.

Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu