Subject: Re: GENERIC-104 on PB not finding serial port
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Douglas R. Troeger <dtroeger@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/22/1999 08:42:08
Thanks to all for setting me straight on the for-powerbook
serial setting in the boot screen.  I must have run my eyes
over that page two dozen times without noticing the button!

Now I can dial out and connect to my ISP -- the problem
is that hangup occurs immediately after connecting:

<chat script executes>
.
.
.
serial connection established
connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/tty00
Modem hangup
Connection terminated

I am using the same script/modem/cable/ISP as I use
successfully under NetBSD 1.3.3 on my SE/30, so I
suppose I need to set something specific to either
the powerbook (a 145B) or to the kernel (generic-104).
I am experimenting with pppd options, but have not
yet found the right combination.

Suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks again,

Doug