Subject: Re: SE/30 & MODE 32 7.5 Question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1999 21:34:35
>Hey All!
>
>I've got an SE/30 that I'm about to load NetBSD on, and knowing that
>this is a machine which has a dirty ROM, I installed MODE32 7.5 as per
>the install notes.  But I'm running System 7.1.  With Mode32 off, it
>reports as only 8 megs, but with it on, it says about 20 megs.  Is
>there a problem with MODE32 7.5 and Sys 7.1?

That's kinda the whole reason for the 32-bit addressing. With 24-bit
addressing,you can't map more than 8 MBs of memory...The About this Mac box
will report the whole memory, but the system would be taking up like 12
extra MBs to take it under 8.

>Somewhat unrelated question:
>Has anyone had any success using a Farallon EtherMac 30i-10T (P/N 594-
>TP) in the aforementioned SE/30?

Nope...I'm using an EtherMac SE card in my Mac SE (not /30) under MacOS
just fine, though ;-).

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.