Subject: Re: Viruses on UNIX?
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: John Fulmer <jfulmer@appin.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1999 11:41:11
Viruses usually exploit the fact there is no user access controls on
Win98,and earlier and Macintosh.

With user access controls, it is much harder to infect system files, and
you would have to rely more on bugs. I guess virus coders think it's not
worth the hassle.

There are trojans, worms, and at least one rare linux virus, but not very
many..