Subject: Re: kde install problem
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1999 09:35:57
On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

> I'm trying to install the .../pkgsrc/x11/kde meta package.  I get the following
> message after quite a while.  Does any one know what is causing this or how to
> work around it?
>

> widget.cc: In method `AddressWidget::AddressWidget(QWidget *, const char *, bool)':
> widget.cc:83: virtual memory exhausted

Your session leader is exceeding its alloted memory. The "unlimit"
command described in the FAQ, at
<http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/index.html#unlimit> is a
ksh built-in (I think). The Bourne-shell equivalent is "ulimit -a",
and csh uses "limit". (See the man pages or docs for your shell.)