Subject: Re: GENERIC-104 on PB not finding serial ports
To: None <dtroeger@ix.netcom.com>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1999 10:30:33
> My chat script (from Mark Andres' FAQ) hangs at
> ATZ -- the OK response is never sent (I am
> looking at tail -f /var/log/messages
>
> /usr/sbin/pppd /dev/tty00 19200 connect
> '/usr/sbin/chat -v  "" ATZ OK ATDT###-####

I found that for some combinations of machines/modem I really need
"local" flag to pppd to make it work, maybe cdtrcts. The flag
"crtscts" may also help with flow control. Even the man page
complains about Mac serial ports and something about non-standard
features of them.

> Using echo to send something to the port just
> locks the window
>
>   echo "ATDT/n" > /dev/tty00

Try also to set "softcar" flag in /etc/ttys for /dev/tty00 and re-run
ttyflags -a

	Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>