Subject: Re: software/survey
To: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1999 23:25:13
On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Mark Andres wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:
>
> > I would like to know what other people are using on their systems.
> > What builds and installs and works with no or few problems?

  Thanks for all your replies to my software survey?  It was interesting and
informative to see what the other people are using on there NetBSD boxes.

Here are a few other the other clients, packages or programs ( or whatever) that
I have found work well:

xmcd cd audio player.  Filled with features, never gave me any problems.  This
program impressed me because it will download the song list for just about
any CD that you put in, from a cd database.  If you are connected to the
internet when you put the CD in.

xisp, kind of like a beefed up freePPP.

tcsh, an extended c shell that allows command line editing.

and of course the usual stuff:  pine for email, lynx for most browsing.

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
South Korea