Subject: GENERIC-104 on PB not finding serial ports
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Douglas R. Troeger <dtroeger@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1999 23:48:28
I am having trouble accessing a Hayes external modem
connected to my PB 145 B, running the 19990322
Generic-104 kernel.  The modem speed is 14.4.

My chat script (from Mark Andres' FAQ) hangs at
ATZ -- the OK response is never sent (I am
looking at tail -f /var/log/messages

/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/tty00 19200 connect
 '/usr/sbin/chat -v  "" ATZ OK ATDT###-####

(the rest is omitted)

This occurs whether I set the port to stty raw
in the booter or not;  it occurs for /dev/tty01 as well,
when I connect the modem to the printer port.

Using echo to send something to the port just
locks the window

  echo "ATDT/n" > /dev/tty00

Is this a problem with the kernel?

The port and modem work perfectly well under
MacOS.

Thanks,

Doug Troeger