Subject: Re: software/survey
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/11/1999 20:13:56
Hi,

Back when I used to use my mac68k system (Centris 650) as my main work
computer, Here is what I used:

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

> I would like to know what other people are using on their systems.
> What builds and installs and works with no or few problems?
>
> 1.  Word processor?

Xed or vi. I would create documents that needed to be "prettier" than
plain text in HTML and then used html2ps to convert to nice PS. Worked for
me, but then again I am fluent in HTML.

> 2.  Spread sheet?

Xspread worked for the few times a needed a spreadsheet. I am not a
spreadsheet person, so I can't really say what is good.

> 3.  Money management/accounting?

Who has money to manage?

> 4.  Browser?

I used Mosaic and Lynx. Worked fine for the most part. Now that I am
running on the i386 platform, I use Netscape. You could try Mozilla.

> 5.  misc?

I found Xfig quite useful for creating diagrams and such. But my work oftn
involves this kind of thing. Xfig ran without any problems on my Centris.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/