Subject: Re: software/survey
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Mckay <parrothd@radiks.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/11/1999 04:49:38
Ken Nakata wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:31:46 +0900 (KST), Guy Santiglia wrote:
> >
> > 1.  Word processor?
> > 2.  Spread sheet?
> > 3.  Money management/accounting?
>
> Don't use them on my NetBSD boxes.
>
> > 4.  Browser?
>
> Lynx on all platforms.  Netscape if available (i.e. on i386) and
> necessary.
>
> > 5.  misc?
>
> Like what?
>
> Note that, to many people, PC UN*X systems are still hacker's
> intellectual toys (oh boy, am I going to be flamed to crisp for saying
> this ;-).  They can be put to many very productive uses but they don't
> necessarily include those tasks commonly encountered in an ordinary
> office computing environment.

You could look into Star Office or K Office... But I'd doubt MacBSD is
quite ready for those yet :) *only runs *BSD on his SE/30 as of yet
untill his powerbook will run it*

Overall I think KDE is quite the push to get the Free Un*x OS's into an
end-user's hands and make it usable for them, And suites like those two
make a sweet idea sweeter. :)

Chris