Subject: Re: SE/30 boot message
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/10/1999 18:23:51
>  sd1: mode sense (4) returned nonsense: using
>    fictitious geometry
>
>I have installed 1.3.2 on scsi 1; I am using
>kern (not kern_sbc) without difficulty so far on an
>800 meg Quantum drive at that address.

First it's important to note that SD1 does not mean SCSI device with SCSI
ID 1. It means the second SCSI device. Check out the FAQ for detains on how
NetBSD numbers the drives...

Next...why did you install 1.3.2 when 1.3.3 has been out for so long? 1.3.x
are all bugfix versions, which should mean that 1.3.3 is less buggy than
1.3.2.

I think that you'll be OK with the fictitious geometry, though...I don't
know why it is suddenly showing up if it wasn't before.

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.