Subject: Re: DUP BLKS?
To: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/10/1999 00:04:03
Greg Evans wrote:
> So there I am..untarring something on my system and the next thing I know
> I see something about valloc() and I am in the debugger with a nice db>
> prompt...

if this happens again, could you let us know what the output of typing
'trace' at the prompt yields?

> So I reboot, it goes through until it gets to filesystem check and has a
> big problem with my /usr partition, and tells me all about DUP BLKS and
> here I am now looking at removing things with messages like
>
> DUP/BAD  I=75522 OWNER=bin MODE=100555
> SIZE=1515 MTIME=Mar 30 20:23 1999
> FILE=/sbin/ndc
>
> So what the heck is this about and how bad did I just hose my system?

it depends...what's not there anymore?  take a look in the lost+found
directory for that partition and see if there's anything useful in there.

> It
> _appears_ to be running fine so far, other than sysctl, and a bunch of
> other errors at startup...

what kernel was this?  what kind of machine?

> Arrrrrrrrrgh...where do I go from here? re-install?

i usually do.

later.

colin