Subject: Re: Mouse and IIci
To: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
From: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1999 13:21:24
On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Grant Stockly wrote:

> If no mouse is plugged in, the computer it won't let me use the keyboard.
>
> I'd like to know what might be involved in fixing this bug.  It is
> something I would be willing to try.

If you haven't already, try resetting PRAM.  I had a similar problem a
while back with HWDIRECT (or I think it was an offshoot of those) kernels
and a PowerBook, and resetting PRAM fixed it, but it would pop back up
every few days/weeks (rebooting between NetBSD and MacOS regularly, of
course).  I don't use the machine anymore, since it blew a... P channel, I
think... MOSFET on the motherboard, an IRFR 9020.  BTW, if anybody knows a
good source for those...  ;-)

Not sure if that will help or not, but it's worth a shot.

Later,
David

David A. Gatwood                         Visit globegate's internet
dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                  talker, Deep Space 36
http://globegate.utm.edu                telnet globegate.utm.edu:9624