Subject: Re: NAT not passing all characters?
To: None <fisch@badger1.net>
From: Roger Fischer <roger@badger1.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/1999 20:42:33
>On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Roger Fischer wrote:
>If you are having the problem of "+", w/o the spaces, crashing your
>modem, then you need to sue your modem manufacturer - it's not Hayes
>compatable. :-)
>
>But I thought your problem was that, using NAT you had problems, not using
>NAT (and I assumed the same modem & ISP) you didn't. ??

Actually I didn't know whether the problem was NAT or ppp until you
just asked that question.  That got me thinking.

I've got a message with a bunch of funny characters queued up right now.
I can't send it through NAT from my MacOS box.  Your question got me
thinking.  So I telnetted in and cut and pasted the message into
PINE, and mailed the message back to myself through my ISP.

IT WORKED FINE.  The problem wasn't PPP, but is NAT.  PINE from NETBSD
was able to send the message that I could not send from Eudora through
NAT.

Now I'm really baffled.

Rog

When once you have tasted flight, you will always walk
the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you
have been and there you will always be.
                           -Leonardo da Vinci  1452-1519