Subject: Keyboard behavior in Pico
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@wcnet.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/1999 21:41:58
All-

I've searched high and low in the Pico/Pine documentation and can't find
anything that addresses my problem, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

The problem is that, in Pico/Pine, pressing "return" does not make a
linefeed or carriage return, but rather invokes the equivalent of ^J, or
"justify".  Only by presing "enter" (on the number pad) will make a plain
carriage return or linefeed.

What makes this most irritating is that for the first few times I used
Pico after compiling and installing is that this problem was not present.
In fact I had recompiled Pico/Pine in an attempt to eliminate the same
problem.

I'd would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this; it's a trivial matter,
to be sure, but deeply annoying nonetheless.

Thank you,

Jeffrey Ohlmann