Subject: Re: ssh via pkgsrc, Where to define USE_RSAREF????
To: Greg Evans <gevans@sr-alpha.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1999 10:40:59
Greg Evans wrote:
> I am wanting to install ssh via the pkgsrc system, however I am not sure
> how I go about it.
>
> When I try to install it, it tells me I need to set the variable
> USE_RSAREF to YES, as I am a US resident that is not a licensee...also,
> what is the difference between them, as I see that Users outside the USA
> must set it to NO...

well, i saw the thing that said "it'll be faster if you set it to NO", so
that's what i did.  personally, i think the comment is a little poorly
worded.  i can only assume that saying YES will include RSA reference
code (which is non-exportable).  i'm not quite sure where this code comes
from, tho, since this package originates outside the US.  i think you'll
be perfectly fine if you just say NO, tho.

later.

colin