Subject: Re: NAT not passing all characters?
To: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
From: Roger Fischer <roger@badger1.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/06/1999 21:39:35
>> <brucea@wavefront.com>
>> I figured out what is wrong with my mail.
>> The problem is with "+" ASCII 0x2B ( decimal 43) getting intercepted by the
>> modem as AT commands in the IO stream. Without SLIP/PPP escaping "+" the
>> modems enter command mode.
>> I tested this by sending mail with a valid AT command in the body of the
>> message. (turned my speeker on and off)

except that the pppd man page specifically says that you can not
escape characters with hex values between 0x20 and 0x3f.

Hmmm
I tried anyway and got the following message when I tried to fire up ppp
	(connecting...pppd: can't escape character 0x2b

Oh well.
back to the drawing board.

The ISP getting new POP software solved my incoming mail problem last year.
Now I've got to track down this outgoing one.

roger fischer

Roger Fischer  roger@badger1.net  http://www.badger1.net
When once you have tasted flight, you will always walk
the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you
have been and there you will always be.
                           -Leonardo da Vinci  1452-1519