Subject: Re: ADB probe hangs
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/04/1999 03:06:16
Hmm, well here's what I've been able to figure out so far... if I put a
printf() in adb_reinit(), after the call to adb_op_sync in the loop that
does the initial scan through the devices, things seems to work. A
DELAY(1000) or DELAY(1000000) instead doesn't help. It's stuck in
send_adb_cuda(), in the loop at the end (the one that says "poll until
byte done"). The interrupt level or whatever that thing is called is 7;
i.e. everything except NMI is blocked. Is that okay? It looks like the
ADB_INTR_IS_ON macro is waiting for something interrupt-related...

I hacked ddb to print a stack trace when it's invoked, since I can't
type "t" to do it myself, but there's nothing particularly interesting
in it... adbattach -> ADBReInit -> adb_reinit -> adb_op_sync -> adb_op
-> send_adb_cuda.

BTW, anyone know if the problem only occurs on Cuda machines? I've got a
660av...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++