Subject: Re: More performa 575 fun...
To: None <bob@kunk.jriver.com>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/03/1999 11:18:44
> intvid0 at obio0 @ f9001000: DAFB video subsystem, monitor sense 0

	I'm not sure, but shouldn't the monitor sense have changed?
The "doctored" motherboard should have changed the default monitor
sense (which I assume is ID 0) to the extended sense code for VGA
(10?).

	I suspect that the DAFB driving code is assuming that a 575
will only ever drive a 640x480 screen.

> intvid0: 800 x 600, 65536 color

	I think it gets this from the environment (i.e. the Booter
passes in what MacOS was using), but it doesn't necessarily match
what the video driving code can do on that machine.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "reality  is  that  which  |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  |  doesn't go away when you  |