Subject: problems installing/compiling programs
To: netbsd-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: j blank <evol_twin@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/1999 23:58:32
hello list... after a couple of false starts, i finally managed to get 1.3.3
installed on my computer, but i'm having trouble installing one program, and
compiling another.

first of all, i downloaded bash from the macbsd ftp site, and after untarring
and gzipping the package, i typed 'make' and got the following message: 'make:
don't know how to make ./cpp-Makefile. Stop' do i need to edit the makefile?
if so, how? alternately, can someone point me to a bash binary that i don't
have to compile?

secondly, i also downloaded the perl m68k binary from ftp.netbsd.org, and
managed to get it unpacked in /usr/bin, however, when i type in 'which perl' i
get the response 'command not found'; however, when i type in the full path
('which /usr/bin/perl'), it returns '/usr/bin/perl'. what did i do wrong, and
how do i fix it, so i can avoid this mistake in the future?

					j--------
--
 j blank

 when i am king, you will be