Subject: Re: NIC memory corrupt
To: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/29/1999 18:18:09
Actually, the Mac's start-up code initializes every_ NuBus device that
it can find - at least as far as the device's "Primary Init" routine.

And, IIRC, the _real_ problem here isn't whether or not the MacOS has
initialized that card, but whether ther's on-going network activity
during the time that NetBSD is trying to initialize it.  If you unplug
the card from the network, the error message should disappear.

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, David A. Gatwood wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Sean-Paul Rees wrote:
>
> > > That's what I'd call a warning level or even info level error message.
> > > The card still works after that, right?  Anyway, it's usually caused by
> > > MacOS initializing the card before NetBSD takes over.
> > >

> > I don't think MacOS initializes the card. I boot with extensions off to
> > go into NetBSD.
>
> Not sure, then.  Does the card work correctly after that (under NetBSD)?
>

> Later,
> David
>
> David A. Gatwood                         Visit globegate's internet
> dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                  talker, Deep Space 36
> http://globegate.utm.edu                telnet globegate.utm.edu:9624

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |