Subject: Re: Panic!Need Xtra partition -additionalfinding
To: None <fb@enteract.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/29/1999 16:06:19
Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> An `h:' or higher is bad news. BTW, if you're not too fond of FWB, you
> might try a different driver. Allen Briggs added checks so that the
> FWB "bonus" partitions wouldn't show in the disklabel, but they still
> count for triggering the bug. As long as the count is not greater than
> seven on your NetBSD disk, though, FWB is fine.

actually, i have an 'h' working just fine. i would also have an 'i' if the
macos partition showed up.  however, with the exception of the partition
map and the driver partition, all my netbsd partitions are at the front of
the disk.  also, my partitions were all layed down in 1 try, not modified
later.  i think this tends to be a large part of the problem.

later.

colin