Subject: Re: duos (again)
To: Tom Rini <tmrini@ntplx.net>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1999 18:56:48
At 9:09 PM -0500 3/26/99, Tom Rini wrote:

>> The Slot E interrupts are from all of the devices on the Dock. The specs for
>> the Duo basically place all Dock devices in Slot $E. It's cool that things
>> like the ethernet are actually recognized.
>
>If they've done it in other machines, has it been worked around for them
>as well?

I'm not sure what your question is.

>Since the last thing to be detected is the video, it could be
>that...

Since you claim that the ethernet was recognized, this is probably a reasonable
assumption since the ethernet driver will handle the network interrupts.

> I remember looking for a working kernel for this duo a while back
>and I thought I found a site w/ some support, then again it coulda been
>for pb support at all.  Is there some site for any sort of work done
>on/for duos? (I think I have some time to kill...)

This is pretty much a "roll your own" situation. Without the Dock or a Duo it's
hard to add support for it. However, if you check out www.macbsd.com you'll
find a page that will tell you how to browse the video driver assembly code
to see how the MacOS driver shuts off interrupts. If you figure that out you
could probably send that to the list and a kind soul might incorporate the
code into the kernel.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill