Subject: root login ?? (newbie question)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Conrad Rehill <rehillc@surfree.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1999 00:55:40
Sorry for the newbie question...

I'm using a  Quadra 650 and not having much trouble using the system, BUT...
when the machine boots up, I can't seem to get it out of a single-user mode.
The only login ID it will accept is root, and even if I manually set up a new
account in etc/passwd and create the necessary home directory and
ownership/perms. , the machine refuses to accept the login ID and password
supplied.  Furthermore, there is no password requested when I login as root.

I have (I think) set all the proper lines in rc.conf to indicate that I no
longer want to be in a non-configured mode.

Any help ?? Would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Conrad