Subject: Re: Panic!Need Xtra /usr partition:how2?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/27/1999 00:34:48
Colin Wood wrote:

>if it drops into the debugger, would you mind sending a stack trace to the
>list?  just type 'trace' at the 'db>' prompt and copy down the function
>calls in the stack.  it might interesting to see how similar this problem
>is to the multi-disk problem we seem to have at the moment...

The whole session goes like this:

in the installer Minishell: mkdir /newusr
			    mount /dev/sd1g /newusr
			    fstab force
and then i boot till after the line: /dev/rsd0a MARKING FILESYSTEM CLEAN
then it hangs and i force it into db (or it goes by itself into db):
Stopped at _Debugger +0x6: unlk a6
>trace
_Debugger (2,82ae68,faf74,fac62,0) +6
_panic (fac62,0,2004,100,120) +40
_trap (2,0,0) +1e6
fault () +c

2)Then i reboot and recreate the fstab without newusr mounted (so the link
is gone) and "e'thing boots like "normal".

Well, not totally...something else is (very ?) odd:
after logged in as su i do fsck -p
and i get :UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY RUN FSCK_FFS MANUALLY
I do fsck -fy and i get: dev/rsd0a (NO WRITE ACCESS)
I do shutdown now and login again as su root
Then i am able to do the fsck tasks normally without any errormessages.
Strange??

Have a great weekend
Cheerz
T@W