Subject: Re: duos (again)
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: Tom Rini <tmrini@ntplx.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/26/1999 21:09:49
On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Michael R. Zucca wrote:

> At 8:49 PM -0500 3/24/99, Paul Goyette wrote:
> >The slot_noint() message means that there's something in NuBus slot 0xe
> >which is generating interrupts, but we a) don't know what it is and/or
> >b) don't know how to turn the interrupts off.  Most likely, slot 0xe in
> >the Duo230 is another instance of Apple inventing a pseudo-slot device.
> >They've done this on several models, and basically it means that some
> >other device (like, maybe, on-board video) pretends to look like a NuBus
> >device.  Unfortunately, since we don't know how to handle many of the
> >video devices, we lose.
>
> The Slot E interrupts are from all of the devices on the Dock. The specs for
> the Duo basically place all Dock devices in Slot $E. It's cool that things
> like the ethernet are actually recognized.

If they've done it in other machines, has it been worked around for them
as well?  Since the last thing to be detected is the video, it could be
that... I remember looking for a working kernel for this duo a while back
and I thought I found a site w/ some support, then again it coulda been
for pb support at all.  Is there some site for any sort of work done
on/for duos? (I think I have some time to kill...)

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://dobbstown.yeti.edu/