Subject: Re: KDE problem revisted
To: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
From: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/26/1999 01:15:10
on 3/25/99 11:56 PM, David A. Gatwood was rumored to have said...

>On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Greg Evans wrote:
>
>> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../kdecore -I../kdeui -I../kfile
>> -I../kfmlib -I/usr/X11R6/include/qt -I/usr/X11R6/include
>> -I/usr/pkg/include -O -c -fPIC -DPIC widget.cc
>> widget.cc: In method `AddressWidget::AddressWidget(QWidget *, const char
>> *, bool)':
>> widget.cc:83: virtual memory exhausted
>
>Eeeek.  Try turning off optimization (-O) in the makefile and see if that
>will build, but it may just need more swap space.  Oh wait a sec... check
>the ulimit settings and see if there's a fairly low limit on how much
>RAM/swap can be used by a running process, and possibly bump that up and
>see if it helps.  (It is ulimit under NetBSD, right?  Been a little
>while...).

typing ulimit at the command line returned 'unlimited', in the Makefile
that is in the /usr/pkgsrc/x11/kde directory, there is othing that says
'-O' although there was an include for ../../mk/(something-or-other)

so I searched for '-O' in that and found it at line 2155, I duplicated
the line removing the '-O' and commented the regular line out...

The result:

no difference for now, same error, same place :/ (whine)

Greg