Subject: Re: KDE problem revisted
To: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1999 22:56:07
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Greg Evans wrote:

> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../kdecore -I../kdeui -I../kfile
> -I../kfmlib -I/usr/X11R6/include/qt -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I/usr/pkg/include -O -c -fPIC -DPIC widget.cc
> widget.cc: In method `AddressWidget::AddressWidget(QWidget *, const char
> *, bool)':
> widget.cc:83: virtual memory exhausted

Eeeek.  Try turning off optimization (-O) in the makefile and see if that
will build, but it may just need more swap space.  Oh wait a sec... check
the ulimit settings and see if there's a fairly low limit on how much
RAM/swap can be used by a running process, and possibly bump that up and
see if it helps.  (It is ulimit under NetBSD, right?  Been a little
while...).

Later,
David

David A. Gatwood                         Visit globegate's internet
dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                  talker, Deep Space 36
http://globegate.utm.edu                telnet globegate.utm.edu:9624