Subject: Re: Panic!Need Xtra /usr partition:how2?
To: T@W" , "port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1999 18:00:59
T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:
>>If you are using the MacOS mkfs application, ignore my message. As Bob
>>mentioned, that app only knows how to make old-style fs's, so the
>>installer will be fine with them.
>>
>>Take care,
>>
>>Bill
>
>Well maybe i haven't been as clear as i should have but installing is not
>the problem.
>It even boots after installing, but hangs in the boot and shoots into db.
>The story about certain partitionmaps etc. still stands?

Yes, some disks and some disk partition combinations will cause the
problem you're seeing.

I have a disk on my system that works fine if it has only one partition,
but drops directly into the crash you describe if I put more than one
partition on it.  In my case it doesn't matter what type of partitions
they are; having one NetBSD and multiple MacOS partitions crashes the
same way as having multiple NetBSD partitions.

-bob