Subject: Re: duos (again)
To: Tom Rini <tmrini@ntplx.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1999 17:49:17
The slot_noint() message means that there's something in NuBus slot 0xe
which is generating interrupts, but we a) don't know what it is and/or
b) don't know how to turn the interrupts off.  Most likely, slot 0xe in
the Duo230 is another instance of Apple inventing a pseudo-slot device.
They've done this on several models, and basically it means that some
other device (like, maybe, on-board video) pretends to look like a NuBus
device.  Unfortunately, since we don't know how to handle many of the
video devices, we lose.

I think Allen Briggs still has some stuff on the http://www.macbsd.com/
page that tells how to step through your device's interrupt routing to
figure out how to acknowledge and disable the interupt.  That might help
you out.

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Tom Rini wrote:

> Hello (again).  Since it was a while since I posted this, and since I've
> gotten procmail working I'm re-subscribed, so..
>
> I've got my hands on a duo230+doc and ethernet (no idea if it's standard
> in the dock).  GENERIC 100-104 gt to finding and iding all the cards, but
> then  scrolls slot_noint() slot e.  Since the port-mac68k page and it
> lists a few powerbooks being supported, so I figured I'd point out how far
> i've gotten, and of course offer to provide more info to anyone that wants
> to help fix it. (BTW, the keyboard doesn't seem to work either..)
>
> ---
> Tom Rini (TR1265)
> http://dobbstown.yeti.edu/

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |