Subject: Powerbook 5x0 full '040 upgrades?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Mckay <parrothd@radiks.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1999 19:05:16
Hi everyone,

Hope I've got the right posting address here :)

I'm despiratly wanting to run BSD on my Powerbook 520, I've got it
running on an SE/30 just fine, I just want a bit more speed :)

Now I know since it's got the 'LC040 that it's not really usable with it
right now. I know there were full '040 upgrades for them at one time, it
even states it in all the horribly outdated ( :/ ) FAQ's. So I've spent
the last month or two looking for one to no avail. No one seems to have
one warming a shelf anywhere.

What I want to know is, Is there someplace that can upgrade my
daughtercard (remove the LC and replace it) with a full '040 for less
then $300? Or even more $$?

Possibly someone out there knows where I can get one so I can get this
running in BSD.

(Man those salesmen cant pelieve when I say I want a 68k upgrade instead
of a PPC ;)

Chris - Who is sorry is this is off-topic