Subject: Re: Panic!Need Xtra /usr partition:how2?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1999 00:53:51
Thank you all for responding,

>> 2)it does the format and in the installer it sees the made partition.
>> i go through all the proper steps and want to boot.
>> It boots, panics and goes straight into the db with an MMUfault message
>> and points to the address a6.
>> What is wrong? (even when i configured the etc/fstab)
>
>what version of netbsd are you using?

I use NetBSD 1.3.3, Mkfs_1.45 (> formatted it as a /usr part)
and NetBSD/Mac68k Installer 1.1g

> where on the 4GB disk is the new/usr partition?  in general, netbsd
>performs better when the partitions
>are as close as possible to the front of the disk....

It is the first partition (i've also tried rearranging partitions still
same problem) on the disk immediately after the drivers (FWB)

Maybe here lies the problem: having used the latest formatting utility
caused all this and what i begin to understand is thatin this case i should
not use Mkfs and the installer application but format and install out of
NetBSD. Am i right?

Cheerz,
T@W