Subject: Re: dial-up-questions
To: Tsuchiya,Yukikazu <tutiya03@tky2.3web.ne.jp>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/23/1999 12:24:21
On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Tsuchiya,Yukikazu wrote:

> 3)how do I wrote on line tty00 in my /etc/ttys file.
> I wrote-- tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.38400"  dialup
> and
> Which is "38400", the speed between local PC and local modem or the speed
> between local modem and remote modem?
>
> and
> I can connect with
> tty00 ------ ether dialup or unknown ------ ether off or "none"
> Which combination is better?

unless you're planning on dialing into your mac from somewhere else, you
wany tty00 set to "off" in /etc/ttys.  Turning it "on" basically says let
people log in over that port.

> 8)do anyone have terminal for MacBSD which be able to use AT commnads in
> order to communicat modem?

% cu -s 38400  -l /dev/tty00

should do it.  do

% man cu

for more information.  Also, for this to work for me (a very long time
ago), I used to have to use a serial cable which only had the TX and RX
and GND pins connected.  This had something to do with the control pins
not liking cu.  I think there may be a command 'stty (something else
here)' that will take care of it.  Maybe someone else knows about this?

Good luck.

-Dan