Subject: Re: Panic!Need Xtra /usr partition:how2?
To: T@W" , "port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1999 20:11:57
T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>2)it does the format and in the installer it sees the made partition.
>i go through all the proper steps and want to boot.
>It boots, panics and goes straight into the db with an MMUfault message
>and points to the address a6.
>What is wrong? (even when i configured the etc/fstab)
>
>Who can give me clue 'cause i need my space
>
>Thanks!!
>
>BTW without the xtra /usr everything boots and runs. Problems arise only
>with the xtra.

I believe this is the problem that some of us see when trying to run
disklabel.  There's some sort of problem in the system that appears on
certain disks and with some disk partition configurations.  You might try
moving the partitions or reducing the number of partitions by merging
some of them and see if it helps.

-bob