Subject: Re: MacOS, NetBSD, and IP-NAT
To: <>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/1999 21:03:36
Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp> wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 08:53:35 -0500 (EST), Andy Finnell wrote:
>> I've gotten IP-NAT to work on NetBSD, and can get MkLinux to connect to it
>> with a PPP connection.  How do I get the MacOS to do the same?  I've
>> gotten OT/PPP to connect, but I can't make it anywhere.  What do I need to
>> do?  Thanks,
>
>There's simply not enough information to help you.  What is your
>network topology?  How did you configure your boxes?  And so on.

I believe MacOS needs a way of resolving addresses, either with the
"hosts" file or by running a local DNS which is what I do on my NetBSD
system.  Given that Andy's e-mail address appears to be bogus (my
response to him bounced), I'll bet he has a few missing pieces in his
network configuration.  ;-)

-bob