Subject: Re: KDE via pkgsrc?
To: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/21/1999 16:21:55
I've had pretty good success with packages.  I do, however, often times do
the following:

% sh
# nice -n 10 make 2>&1 | tee make.log

instead of just 'make'.  The 'nice -n 10' causes the build to run at a
lower priority so my old Mac IIci can still be somewhat responsive to
other windows.  The 2>&1 hooks up 'stderr' to the standard output.  The
'| tee make.log'  causes all messages (normal and errors ones) to go both
to the screen and to a file called 'make.log'.  That way if something does
go wrong, I have a complete log of all the messages.  I've found this to
be effective when creating new packages.

-Dan