Subject: NetBSD/Ethernet problem (Tx - lost interrupt) [repost]
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ilya I. Bakshee <ilya@prairienet.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/20/1999 14:28:24
Anybody have any luck getting NetBSD 1.3.3's networking up in this
(or close) configuration:

Mac LCII (68k processor), 10MB RAM, 500 MB drive. Apple Ethernet TWP
card (Sonic chip).

I have compiled the kernel and set up all configuration files exactly as
in http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/net-howto.html, but was never able
to ping other machines on the local network (other machines ping/telnet
to each other w/o problem). On the NetBSD machine, I am getting:

Ping <destination IP>: 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: host is down
ping: sendto: host is down
ping: sendto: host is down
<date> <machine name> /netbsd: sn0: Tx - lost interrupt

The data seems to propagate okay *from* the Mac/NetBSD as I am able
to see another machine receiving signals (using tcpdump on another
machine). Also, the hardware itself seems to be working OK as I can
transfer files over the Ethernet while the Mac is under the MacOS.

Any insight?

Ilya