Subject: tar: only read xxxx bytes from archive filenmae.tar
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/20/1999 02:27:35
Just wondering why when I am trying to untar .tar files lately I am
getting errors like:

tar: only read xxxx bytes from archive filename.tar

This just started today and is particularly annoying as I am hoping to
install something but the archive will not untar completely.

doing a df reveals:

Filesystem     1K-blocks Used      Avail     Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/sd0a      645135    26687     553934    5%        /
/dev/sd0g      2130684   1226079   691536    64%       /usr
kernfs         1         1         0         100%      /kern
procfs         4         4         0         100%      /proc

so I am confident that I have more than enough room available as the tar
files that I am working are only 269k and 162k and it appears that I have
more than enough room available...

ideas?

Regards,

Greg