Subject: sudo error?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Zeller <zelr_ss@troi.cc.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1999 16:15:54
Hello,

This problem is not stricty NetBSD/mac68k related, so please pardon what is
probably a sudo newbie question and also off topic.

After compiling and installing sudo from the packages collection, and
setting up the sudoers file, I was pleased to find that sudo worked well.
That was yesterday afternoon.  Then, I went about compiling pico (also from
the package collection).  When I logged in this morning and tried to execute
a sudo command, I was told

yak% sudo vi rc.conf
Sorry, sudo must be setuid root.
yak%

The permissions on sudo are:

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  57344 Mar 18 16:15 sudo

This looks right to me.  The pertinant section of the sudoers file lists:

zeller  ALL=(ALL) ALL

("zeller" is my user account.)  Any ideas?  Does it have something to do
with my pico install (pico is working fine...)?  I can't imagine how or
why...

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.  I would rather not have to use
su and send my root passwd across the network ;)

Thanks again,

Ben

--
    /     \      Ben Zeller
  \ \__O__/ /    University of Rochester Computing Center