Subject: Color X
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCRiNKLCEhNXwbKEI=?= <IZY01245@nifty.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1999 14:21:52
Re: Color-capable X server

   This is from FAQ at ftp.netbsd.com.
  9.14.  Black & White X Windows is cool, but what about color?
                               :
                               :
    In order to run in color you need two things:  kernel support for
  color video and an X server which understands this support.  You can
  obtain a color-capable X server which is compatible with the NetBSD
  1.3 X distribution from the following location:

  <ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/X/Xmac68k_color.tar.gz>

   I have a few questions on this part.

   1) Does the 1.3.3 kernel (kern.tgz) support color video?

   2) Can I install Xmac68k_color.tar.gz like kern.tgz (with the installer)? O
r is it have to be transferred directly to a NetBSD partition? Or else?

   3) Does Xmac68k_color.tar.gz correspond only to xserver.tgz, that is, do I
need xbase.tgz xcomp.tgz x contrib.tgz and xfont.tgz in addition to use X?

   I appreciate your reply.

Regards,