Subject: Re: Current-031599 on PB540C
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/18/1999 12:46:28
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Colin Wood wrote:

> > 	I've succeeded in installing Current on the powerbook, but
> > it doesn't finish booting. It gets to the line:
> >
> > boot on sd0a dumps on sd0b.
>
> i'm amazed it got that far :-)

	I've actually had a PB540c boot into multi-user and almost
function properly, besides the LC040 problems. I think it was a
combination of HWDIRECT and SBC. The NCR driver always broke things. I
have the original IBM 320MB internal drive, and it didn't much like the
NCR driver. Also, MRG caused problems I think... so try using a
HWDIRECTSBC kernel, if they are still being distributed... otherwise I'm
sure you'll be able to find someone to build you one.

	Good luck!

	Ryan

--
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!
Vidi, vici, veni. (I saw, I conquered, I came.)