Subject: Re: My system does not come up
To: KITAMURA Yasuichi <kita@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/1999 12:28:29
> IZY01245>
> IZY01245>    Each time I boot the system, the message below appears
> IZY01245> but no message follows after that.  I can hear no sound
> IZY01245> inside my Mac so I think the process is waiting after
> IZY01245> putting out this single line.
> IZY01245> [preserving 323593 bytes of netbsd symbol table]
>
> I'm sorry for asking you such silly question. But your booter is set autoboot?
> After double-clicking the booter, you typed Command-B, didn't you?

	Probably nothing to do with the Booter. That message is
actually from the kernel (one of the first that it outputs).

	I suspect that the kernel is not compatible with that Mac's
memory map. It may be an old kernel, or maybe a version of -current
that has a bug in the MMU initialisation.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "reality is that which     |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  |  doesn't go away when you  |