Subject: Re: ISDN?...anyone...anyone
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1999 23:00:12
On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Bob Nestor wrote:
> This seems to say to me that the hardware is capable of asynchronous baud
> rates higher than 57.6K, but only when run with dedicated code that is
> not interrupt driven.  That's not too compatible with a multi-user system
> like NetBSD, but may be acceptable for a single-user system like MacOS.

Hmm, I don't see how that could be done without going to the /1 clock
mode... with the /16 clock mode, 3.6864MHz clock, and the baud rate
counter set to 0 (as low as it goes :), you get 3686400/2/16/2 = 57600
baud.

BTW, see http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/1998/09/22/0005.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/1998/09/22/0007.html
and some other messages in the "silo overflows" thread at
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/1998/09/
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++