Subject: Re:sendmail
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1999 07:12:41
Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>  writes:

>Looking for some help setting up sendmail. Just a couple questions..
>
>1) is it possible to set up sendmail so that it uses user@ip_address
>instead of user@domain assuming that the machine it is running on does
>not have a FQDN associated with it, and if so,

Just an off the top guess -- perhaps filling in the "masquerading" field in
sendmail.cf?  (It's preceded by the comment line "WHO AM I MASQUERADING AS."

For further info, try sendmail's website and look for the keyword
"Masquerading".  They've got a lot of good documentation.  The worst you
would probably have to do is recompile the sendmail.cf with m4

[This could be a new benchmark for "what makes a real sysadmin" - people
who write rulesets from the top of their head....for recreation! :-)) ]

I'd be curious to know the answer if you're successful...

Good luck

Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu