Subject: Re: The Centris almost boots (175 lines)
To: Ken Hughes <hughes@interchange.ubc.ca>
From: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/13/1999 07:06:32
I think the proble is the 'ext2fs', the kernel thinks the volume is 'ext2fs'
format (as used by linux) whereas the installer and mkfs use the 'ffs'
format.
This is why doing 'ls' in the installer works but the kernel does not see
it.

I had to do a complete low-level format of my drive with Apple HD Setp,
followed by partition, mkfs45 then installer.

In my case I had previously tried to run linux on the mac and it had left
something behind.

Regards

Roger