Subject: Re: My system does not come up
To: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCRiNKLCEhNXwbKEI=?= <IZY01245@nifty.ne.jp>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/11/1999 23:03:31
RE: My system does not come up

   I downloaded mksf, installer, booter and after that received base.tgz,
kern.tgz and etc.tgz as binary files.  I completed formatting with mkfs and
installed these three tgz files just after formatting, but booting fails.

   Each time I boot the system, the message below appears but no message
follo ws after that.  I can hear no sound inside my Mac so I think the
process is waiting after putting out this single line.
[preserving 323593 bytes of netbsd symbol table]

   I wonder what causes this and I appreciate your giving me an advise.  I
am quite sure my installation was completely successful because it takes
about an hour in total and I saw names of all files in the installer window.
Moreover I checked their existance by using mini-shell.  That's why I am asking
you what to do next.

   Plese respond to me as soon as possible.

Regards,

what kind of mac is this?????

-colin