Subject: Help! mb_map full?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Leonard C. <leonardc9@usa.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1999 18:43:04
I'm running a small IIsi-based box running NetBSD 1.3.1, and have found
that after about 5-7 days of uptime (each time, netstat -s reports about
1.5 gigs of data transfered), all of a sudden I can no longer telnet into
the box nor access any of its inetd-based services.  apache running in
standalone still works, albeit much slower, and only for fetching actual
documents (i.e. dynamicly generated directory listings and things like
/server-status no longer work).

The message I keep getting from the kernel is "mb_map full" which I'm
venturing to guess has something to do with mbufs and possibly I'm running
out of them.  Any idea on how to increase the number of mbufs or to fix
this problem?  The primary function of the machine is as a web server.

Thanks,

Leonard

--
Support the Blue Ribbon Campaign for free speech online
http://www.eff.org/blueribbon.html